SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR
Applicants must possess the Selective Placement Factor (SPF) as stated below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. Applicants who do not meet the below will be ineligible for further consideration.
Selective Placement Factor: Applicants must currently possess at least one of the following Certifications:
(1) Senior/Expert Level Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM)
(2) Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from Project Management Institute (PMI)
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level (or equivalent) in the normal line of progression for this occupation as stated below.
At the GS-15 level:
Qualifying experience for GS-15 includes one year of specialized experience comparable to GS-14 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, specialized experience is experience providing the full range of supervisory and project management duties for a financial systems team, which includes overseeing the design, development and management of Oracle based financial systems to ensure compliance with Federal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and, as a condition of continued employment, obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment inventive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the qualifications required; and on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the competencies associated with this position. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may adversely affect your eligibility.
NOTE: A Subject Matter Expert (SME) will participate in the evaluation process.
Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Qualified candidates will be assigned to the following quality categories:
Best Qualified - Meets the qualification requirements and demonstrates a superior level of possession of the competencies of the position.
Well Qualified - Meets the qualification requirements and demonstrates a satisfactory level of possession of the competencies of the position.
Qualified - Meets the qualification requirements, but does not possess the relevant competencies to a substantive degree.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the required competencies listed below for this position.
- Knowledge of financial management related policies and guidelines to ensure that financial systems comply with applicable Federal accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to design, develop and manage enterprise accounting systems, including Oracle computer systems and software.
- Knowledge of program/project management principles and techniques in order to lead the development and execution of long and short term program and budget goals.
- Skill in the use of oral and written communication techniques to inform senior management and staff on key financial systems issues.
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).