In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Examples of creditable experience include serving as the national authority and technical expert on the integration of foreign long range ballistic missile systems intelligence collection, analysis, and production. Analysis is focused on understanding performance characteristics, operational capabilities and limitations of foreign LRBM systems, and using this to describe their application to issues important to US national policy makers. All-source analysis of political, military, and economic issues associated with LRBM programs is required. Integrated all-source intelligence analysis is accomplished, assessments produced, and results documented in national and service level databases. Experience and clearances necessary to create and maintain infrastructure for the integration and dissemination of all-source data across varying levels of classification are required. Program management experience necessary to prioritize high volumes of requirements and execute a budget appropriately is required.
Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a broad range of engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, and/or other scientific concepts, principles, standards, methods, techniques, practices, and procedures.
2. Knowledge of a wide range of engineering principles and concepts through the application of standard engineering practices, methods, and techniques to difficult and complex work assignments.
3. Ability to develop innovative approaches and technical analysis processes to tackle emerging intelligence problems by applying skills gained through professional experience working within the ballistic missile analysis field.
4. Ability to make decisions based on the interpretation of ballistic missile/space launch vehicle engineering practices.
5. Ability to communicate effectively through advanced public speaking skills and technical writing skills.
6. Skills: Enterprising and networking skills to effectively coordinate with fellow analysts and leaders within NASIC and to develop sym biotic working relationships with people in other technical areas and organizations.
7. Ability to possess superior analytic and program management skills.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. This position is covered by the DCIPS and as such will subject the incumbent to those examinations and or tests that are necessary to obtain and retain a security clearance and any special accesses required by the position in accordance with AFI 36-1101. This position is a testing designated position and as such requires periodic urinalysis testing. Failure to comply with any of the special requirements, when required, will subject the incumbent of this position to reassignment or disciplinary adverse actions, including demotion or removal.
2. Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a technical area of study and/or equivalent experience in mechanical engineering. A master's degree in a technical related field is highly desired.
3. May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance of temporary duty. Prolonged periods of sitting, reading and intense data analysis are typical. This work is mostly sedentary performed in an office setting.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.