Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This announcement is open continuous for 90 days with the following cut-off dates for certification:
- January 3, 2014
- February 2, 2014
- March 4, 2014
As a Consumer Safety Officer in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Compliance (OC) you will serve as the focal point within FDA to whom all levels of FDA personnel may turn for authoritative guidance and consultation regarding inspection and investigation methods and procedures necessary to accomplish compliance, enforcement and regulatory objectives.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CDER-DE-14-994674
under delegated examining procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under delegated examining procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement under noncompetitive merit promotion procedures. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Advises on the implications of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act).
- Serves as the technical scientific point of contact on regulatory compliance issues and policies.
- Advises managers on compliance regulations and other legal and regulatory issues.
- Prepares responses to internal and external requests for technical and/or scientific information.
- Drafts and performs legal/regulatory reviews of enforcement actions, including Warning Letters and Seizure and Injunction Referrals.
- Develops information resources, such as Standard Operating Procedures or policy guidelines.