In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: 0801 GENERAL ENGINEER
Successfully completed a professional engineering degree: The curriculum must be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum or include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.
Combination of education and experience that is college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering; and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: (1) Current registration as a professional engineer by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico, (2) evidence of having successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination, or the written test required for the professional registration, which is administered by the Boards of Engineering Examiners in various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico, (3) successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included courses specified in the basic requirements or (4) successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelors degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.
NOTE: IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS ABOVE APPLICANT MUST ALSO MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW.
Specialized Experience: Your resume must reflect experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, techniques, and materials of multidisciplinary professional engineering to effectively apply advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts to new applications, experimental theories, and other areas of responsibility; and broad knowledge of the intelligence community, as well as the force modernization, operational and policymaking communities, their interrelationships, responsibilities and authorities. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for the General Engineer position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, techniques, and materials of multidisciplinary professional engineering to effectively apply advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts to new applications, experimental theories, and other areas of responsibility.
2. Requires strong technical competence, judgment, leadership, and resourcefulness to conceive and guide the successful conduct and reporting of threat assessment projects in the Squadron mission area.
3. Requires extensive knowledge of the many facets of the intelligence analysis process and the methodology employed in achieving assessments is required to perform complex prioritization, coordination, scheduling and reporting tasks.
4. Requires a broad knowledge of the intelligence community, as well as the force modernization, operational and policymaking communities, their interrelationships, responsibilities and authorities.
5. Ability to apply knowledge to the development of new methods, approaches and procedures; must be able to quickly and expertly evaluate intelligence papers, briefings, and discussions to determine the relevance of the materials to the mission of the Group.
6. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy, both orally and in writing, as well as work and influence people at all levels of government in a professional manner with peers, management, contractors, and other agencies.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· This position is covered by the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System, and as such will subject the incumbent to those examinations and or tests that are necessary to obtain and retain a security clearance and any special accesses required by the position in accordance with AFI 36-1101. This position is a testing designated position and as such requires periodic urinalysis testing. Failure to comply with any of the special requirements, when required, will subject the incumbent of this position to reassignment or disciplinary adverse actions, including demotion or removal.
· Requires a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in engineering or the sciences. A Master's Degree in an Engineering Discipline, Mathematics or Physics is also highly desired.
· May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance of temporary duty. Prolonged periods of sitting, reading and intense data analysis are typical. This work is mostly sedentary performed in an office setting.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.