The individual selected for this position will be responsible for the overall management of the Performance Improvement (PI) program and the Intra-Agency Staffing Pool within Nursing Service at Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (CAVHS). Strong leadership, managerial skills, communication and collaborative skills are critical for this role.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Collaboration with service-level leadership as well as unit-level staff to ensure integration and/or implementation of current internal/external standards into practice;
a) All aspects of clinical nursing care, patient care/education, patient and employee safety, continuum of care, information management, staff education/competency, leadership and performance improvement
b) Identification of alternative strategies/interventions for identified high risk patient/staff systems and processes
c) Monitoring activities for review and analysis of data for prioritization of performance improvement activities
d) Development of strategies to improve outcomes
e) Maintaining survey readiness
2. Coordination/Management of the service-level performance improvement program, for the acute care and long term care areas. These responsibilities encompass various patient care, administrative and supervisory issues/activities and the nurse-sensitive indicator compliance for internal/external standards, policies/procedures, and guidelines as applicable.
3. Participate, represent, collaborate, and lead committees, boards and teams, at service and medical center level.
4. Evaluation of staff performance and facilitation of staff development.
5. Working knowledge of personnel policies and procedures including EEO guidelines/policies and Labor Agreement
6. This position will function under the supervision of the Associate Chief Nurse-Operations as a supervisor for the PI Coordinators, Patient Safety Practitioners, Data Manager, Safe Patient Handling Coordinator, the Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurses and the Intra-Agency Pool staff.
The successful candidate will utilize professional communication skills to accomplish the above and coordinate changes according to complex patient care needs.
Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.