Job Title: Student Trainee (Finance)Job Announcement Number: DLAPATH-14-994909-STUDENT
Department: Department of Defense
Agency: Defense Logistics Agency
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, November 18, 2013 to
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Multiple Schedules -
Many vacancies in the following location(s):
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH View Map
New Cumberland, PA View Map
Fort Belvoir, VA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Students who have been accepted or are currently enrolled at least half-time in a degree seeking program in an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school.
America's Logistics Combat Support Agency
Would you like to be part of a team that provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands, and that is a vital contributor to humanitarian relief efforts? The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has positions in exciting locations throughout the United States and in many countries around the world. We offer attractive work environments and alternative work schedules, as well as robust benefits packages that include health and life insurance, and a secure retirement plan. DLA is currently seeking bright and highly-motivated students for the Defense Logistics Agency Pathways Internship Program. The program will offer you the opportunity to pursue valuable experience in career fields such as Contracting, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Engineering, Finance, Information Technology, and Human Resources while pursuing your education. This paid program includes, informal training, valuable work experience, and challenging work assignments. Individuals who complete the program may transition into Federal positions. If you are searching for an exciting career, want more than just a job, and have a desire to perform civilian public service, we may have a career for you!
VACANCY INFORMATION AND AVAILABLE CAREER FIELDS:
- DLA Finance, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH - Student Trainee (Finance), GS-3/GS-4 target GS-11, 1 Full-Time/Part-Time Permanent position. Mobility agreement required upon conversion to competitive service.
- DLA Finance, New Cumberland, PA - Student Trainee (Finance) GS-3/GS-4 target GS-11, 3 Full-Time/Part-Time Permanent positions. Mobility agreement required upon conversion to competitive service.
- DLA Finance, Fort Belvoir, VA - Student Trainee (Finance) GS-3/GS-4 target GS-12, 2 Full-Time/Part-Time Permanent positions. Mobility agreement required upon conversion to competitive service.
- See Conditions of Employment for requirements related to this position
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 16 years of age.
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student.
- Must be taking at least half-time course load, as defined by your school.
- Remain in good academic standing in accordance with Participant Agreement
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Student Trainee, you will actively participate in on-the-job training and progressively challenging assignments that relate to your academic program, career goals, and the needs of the agency.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify you must meet the eligibility and education requirements. Your qualifications are evaluated based upon your total amount of COMPLETED education.
Current students enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate. Students must be taking at least half-time course load, as defined by your school and remain in good academic standing in accordance with the Pathways Participant Agreement.
Students must be a citizen of the United States or lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident or otherwise authorized to be employed.
In accordance with the Pathways Participant Agreement, applicants applying for the Student Trainee (Finance), will typically be pursuing a degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or public administration.
- GS-3 Level Qualifications: Successful completion of one academic year of post-high school education. (One academic year of undergraduate education is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in an accredited college or university.)
- GS-4 Level Qualifications: Successful completion of two academic years of post-high school study or associate's degree. (Two academic years of undergraduate education is defined as 60 semester hours, 90 quarter hours, or the equivalent in an accredited college or university.)
**Your transcripts must indicate a passing grade to be creditable towards the required hours.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Expenses: Not Authorized
Relocation (Government Home Sale) Expenses: Not Authorized
Work Schedule: Full-Time or Part-Time, Permanent
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Overtime Work: Rarely
Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Rarely
Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive (NCS) without Access
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Preemployment Physical: Not Required
Emergency Essential: No
Reemployed Annuitant: Does Not Meet Criteria
The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at:
For an explanation of the conditions of employment, please review the definitions at:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be evaluated and reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements outlined above.