Department: Legislative Branch
Agency: Library of Congress
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC View Map
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) seeks an IT Specialist (Customer Support) to work in the Technical Operations Services (TOS) Section of its Office of Information Management and Technology (IMT).
The person selected for this position will have mastery of Windows 7 Professional technologies in a networked environment. Duties of the position include:
- Installing, moving, and de-installing hardware
- Installing and configuring Windows-based applications
- Configuring monitoring tools and maintaining the infrastructure
- Configuring, maintaining and upgrading Moodle, SCCM, OS Patching and GPO maintenance
- Ensuring currency of documentation of the entire virtual environment
- Executing initiatives to reduce failures and defects and improve overall performance
- Communicating with peers and managers while troubleshooting
- Managing equipment tracking (e.g. unpacking, decommissioning, etc.)
- Working with experienced Systems Administrators on environment maintenance
- Providing instructions and guidance on best practices to members of the team
- Administering enterprise storage
- Performing utilization and capacity analysis
- Tracking hardware inventory
CRS works exclusively for the United States Congress, providing policy and legal analysis to committees and Members of both the House and Senate, regardless of party affiliation. As a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress, CRS has been a valued and respected resource on Capitol Hill for nearly a century.
CRS is well known for analysis that is authoritative, confidential, objective and nonpartisan. Its highest priority is to ensure that Congress has immediate access to the nation's best thinking on public policy issues of interest to its Members and Committees.
- See QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED below.