The Congressional Research Service (CRS) seeks an IT Specialist (Customer Support) to work in the Technical Operations Services (TOS) Section of its Office of Information Management and Technology (IMT).
The person selected for this position will have mastery of Windows 7 Professional technologies in a networked environment. Duties of the position include:
- Installing, moving, and de-installing hardware
- Installing and configuring Windows-based applications
- Configuring monitoring tools and maintaining the infrastructure
- Configuring, maintaining and upgrading Moodle, SCCM, OS Patching and GPO maintenance
- Ensuring currency of documentation of the entire virtual environment
- Executing initiatives to reduce failures and defects and improve overall performance
- Communicating with peers and managers while troubleshooting
- Managing equipment tracking (e.g. unpacking, decommissioning, etc.)
- Working with experienced Systems Administrators on environment maintenance
- Providing instructions and guidance on best practices to members of the team
- Administering enterprise storage
- Performing utilization and capacity analysis
- Tracking hardware inventory
Information technology professionals with extensive Windows Server and system architecture experience, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines are highly encouraged to apply.
CRS works exclusively for the United States Congress, providing policy and legal analysis to committees and Members of both the House and Senate, regardless of party affiliation. As a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress, CRS has been a valued and respected resource on Capitol Hill for nearly a century.
CRS is well known for analysis that is authoritative, confidential, objective and nonpartisan. Its highest priority is to ensure that Congress has immediate access to the nation's best thinking on public policy issues of interest to its Members and Committees.
Takes a lead role in providing information technology (IT) technical and customer support to CRS employees by configuring, operating, and managing the CRS automated tracking and resolution system, and diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents.
Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains both desktop and server hardware, operating systems and software systems.
May serve as a contracting officer's representative (COR) for contract employees. Directs and/or assists in directing vendors/contractors in the installation, integration and maintenance of computer hardware, and operating systems.
Supports a wide variety of different platforms, operating systems, applications, and desktop configurations.
Manages CRS computer accounts, employee access rights, and CRS-wide access to information technology systems and equipment.
Writes and maintains system and user documentation.