This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations (OFEO). The purpose of this position is to provide electrical system service throughout the Smithsonian.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
- Provides electrical system service throughout the Smithsonian for the construction, alteration, and repair of electrical systems such as equipment, machinery, and lighting for the mission, health, comfort, and safety of the occupants and visitors.
- Installs, repairs, assembles, modifies, maintains, and troubleshoots the light and electrical power systems.
- Adjusts, repairs, installs, and removes motors and electrically-controlled equipment.
- Locates and diagnoses trouble, potential safety hazards, or required improvements to electrical or electronic systems throughout the Institution and repairs or replaces parts and/or components to assure continued service and performance.
- Uses a variety of tools and equipment including specialty tools such as meggers, oscilloscopes, protective relay testers, multimeters, watt meters, and Kelvin bridges to check alignment, output, resistance to ground, and other electrical characteristics.