Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position Specialized experience is defined as developing, planning, and implementing Information Technology (IT) programs, infrastructure, network administration, systems security, voice/data communications systems, server maintenance, desktop support, data storage, archiving in support of the Museum’s construction and inaugural exhibitions. In addition, overseeing the planning, establishing, and coordinating of work schedules, deadlines, standards of acceptable work, and managing contracts and statements of work.
NOTE: Your qualifying experience must also demonstrate each of the following as it relates to the position:
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA):
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Oral communication
- Problem solving
If you applying as for a VEOA appointment, you must be a veteran must be honorably separated and either a preference eligible or have substantially completed 3 or more years of active service. ("Active Service" under this law means active duty in a uniformed service and includes full-time training duty, annual training duty, full-time National Guard duty, and attendance, while in the active service, at a school designated as a service school by law or by the Secretary concerned.) A veteran who is released under honorable conditions shortly before completing a 3-year tour is also eligible.Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities:
The following links contain information on the eligibility requirements to be considered under a noncompetitive appointing authority:
Qualification requirements, including one year time-in-grade at the next lower grade level for promotion candidates, must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
BASIS OF RATING:
- Skill in overseeing the design, development/implementation of IT and digital networks systems in exhibitions and in IT programming within a large museum utilizing latest advanced concepts, theories, principles, practices, techniques of computer and network engineering in IT design and installation.
- Skill in overseeing the design, development and implementation of varied IT operations for day to day operations of a museum utilizing the latest advanced concepts, theories, principles, practices, techniques of computer and network engineering in IT operations.
- Ability to supervise, train, and motivate staff and contractors, manage contracts, statement of works, and other related duties.
- Skill in latest advanced concepts, theories, principles, practices, techniques of computer and network engineering as well as in set up of training in latest IT technology, information, equipment and software for IT staff and Museum staff (non IT staff).
- Ability to communicate orally to present briefings and explain or obtain approval for program initiatives.
- Ability to communicate in writing to lead and influence a diverse group.
Once the announcement closes, your application will be automatically evaluated and rated by the system and a Human Resources Specialist
. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your application and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of this position. If, after the Human Resources Specialist
reviews your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that the score you have received is not a true reflection of your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect the information you provided that support your abilities
. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.