Job Title:Supervisory IT Specialist
Job Announcement Number:14A-MR-298995-DEU-NMAAHC
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, November 12, 2013 to
Tuesday, November 26, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time, Permanent -
|FEW vacancies -
Washington DC, DC View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #14A-MR-298995-MPA-NMAAHC.|
This position is located in the Office of Administration within the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The employee is responsible for the overall direction, administration and management for information technology, web development and related services at all current and future locations.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Pass pre-employment background investigation.
- May need to complete a Probationary Period.
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
- May be required to serve an 18-month probationary period for supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position Specialized experience is defined as developing, planning, and implementing Information Technology (IT) programs, infrastructure, network administration, systems security, voice/data communications systems, server maintenance, desktop support, data storage, archiving in support of the Museum’s construction and inaugural exhibitions. In addition, overseeing the planning, establishing, and coordinating of work schedules, deadlines, standards of acceptable work, and managing contracts and statements of work.
NOTE:Your qualifying experience must also demonstrate each of the following as it relates to the position:
Part-time and/or unpaid experience
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Oral communication
- Problem solving
related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be used to evaluate your experience, education, and/or training that address the competencies below:
- Skill in overseeing the design, development/implementation of IT and digital networks systems in exhibitions and in IT programming within a large museum utilizing latest advanced concepts, theories, principles, practices, techniques of computer and network engineering in IT design and installation.
- Skill in overseeing the design, development and implementation of varied IT operations for day to day operations of a museum utilizing the latest advanced concepts, theories, principles, practices, techniques of computer and network engineering in IT operations.
- Ability to supervise, train, and motivate staff and contractors, manage contracts, statement of works, and other related duties.
- Skill in latest advanced concepts, theories, principles, practices, techniques of computer and network engineering as well as in set up of training in latest IT technology, information, equipment and software for IT staff and Museum staff (non IT staff).
- Ability to communicate orally to present briefings and explain or obtain approval for program initiatives.
- Ability to communicate in writing to lead and influence a diverse group.
Minimum qualifications will be assigned to one of three category groups based on job-related criteria: Best Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies above. Better Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies above. Good Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies above to a substantive degree. This category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three", but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Category) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAjobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position. Important Note:
The review of your resume will determine your final rating and should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.