This position is located in the Office of Administration within the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The employee is responsible for the overall direction, administration and management for information technology, web development and related services at all current and future locations.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Develops, directs, plans, and implements IT infrastructure and various support services in support of the Museum’s construction and inaugural exhibitions.
- Designs and establishes IT programs for day to day operations of Museum which will support exhibits and in all locations staff are located and the new museum when opened.
- Manages and supervises IT programs and staff.
- Educates Museum staff on latest IT technology, information, equipment, and software.
- Represents the Museum in national and international initiatives in the area of IT within exhibitions, education, collections, digitization and related policy issues.