TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.
Do your career "Justice" by working with DOJ, which has been ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Come and join the nation's law enforcement agency, where our most important resource is our people. The Department leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. Become a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission. All applicants for employment with DEA must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct. DEA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on these qualities. Once a conditional offer is made, DEA will conduct a continuous evaluation of information, as it is obtained, to ensure that the prospective employees with DEA meet the agency-specific qualifications in the areas of character and conduct. To this end, the unfavorable decision in any of the areas that follow will be deemed as disqualifying: Drug Policy Requirements (as specified in this announcement), Credit History, Candor and Honesty, Work History, History with the Law, and other qualities that would detract from the integrity and efficiency of the DEA.
Position will be filled subject to availability of funds.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All U.S Citizens
This position is located in the Office of Administration, Facilities Operations Section, Special Projects Unit, Arlington, VA.
The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Uses AUTOCAD (computer-aided design) for inputting voice and data cabling infrastructure on building plans.
· Serves as voice telecommunications manager, with the responsibility of ensuring effective and efficient voice communication services which are critical for all Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) facilities, and for ensuring compatibility with communications systems.
· Provides technical and programmatic expertise in the comprehensive planning, selection, implementation and funding of Voice Telecommunications Systems for DEA, and for DEA circuits.
· Maintains state of the art knowledge and applies a detailed understanding to secure and protect information that is being passed over the DEA telecommunications systems.
· Evaluates, modifies, develops, establishes, installs, and maintains telecommunication systems software/hardware packages using new and advanced communications equipment and techniques.
· Develops strategies for analyzing extremely complex telecommunications problems not susceptible to treatment by existing methods, technologies, or procedures.