TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.
Do your career "Justice" by working with DOJ, which has been ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Come and join the nation's law enforcement agency, where our most important resource is our people. The Department leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. Become a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission. All applicants for employment with DEA must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct. DEA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on these qualities. Once a conditional offer is made, DEA will conduct a continuous evaluation of information, as it is obtained, to ensure that the prospective employees with DEA meet the agency-specific qualifications in the areas of character and conduct. To this end, the unfavorable decision in any of the areas that follow will be deemed as disqualifying: Drug Policy Requirements (as specified in this announcement), Credit History, Candor and Honesty, Work History, History with the Law, and other qualities that would detract from the integrity and efficiency of the DEA.
Position will be filled subject to availability of funds.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All U.S Citizens
This position is located in the Office of the Deputy Administrator, Executive Policy and Strategic Planning Staff, Diversion Fee Account Validation Unit, Arlington, VA.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Plans, conducts and reports audits that may either be complete in themselves or segments of relatively complex larger audits.
· Develops audit plans and evaluates pivotal internal controls, system modifications, and new programs and technological improvement proposals.
· Performs financial/compliance audits to ensure conformity with policies and procedures, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and operating audit controls are consistent with sound financial management principles.
· Prepares audit programs, which set forth the specific audit objectives, procedures, extent of examination and test checks, selectivity patterns, and other details as required for review.
· Prepares written audit reports that effectively communicate the findings, conclusions, and recommendations to responsible management officials.