You must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
In addition to meeting the proficiency requirement, qualified applicants must possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-04) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: performing clerical or office work such as duplicating documents, processing/delivering mail, basic record keeping, reporting and informational duties, including compiling, maintaining, updating data, lists and reports in support of an organization's operations.
Examples of specialized experience includes: Use of Personal Computers and a variety of software functions, such as database, word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets, booking travel, office reception work, and supply ordering.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Four years of successfully completed education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation, or the equivalent, is a prerequisite may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-critical sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Communication: Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Customer Service: Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations.
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Office Automation: Use office automation hardware (Personal computer, scanners, fax machines, multi-line telephones) and software (word processing, spreadsheet and databases) to prepare and edit documents, correspondence and reports.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.