Job Title:Supervisory Police Officer, GS-0083-07
Department:Department of the Air Force
Agency:Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number:AFMCD-990851-000000-9X-AL
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, November 07, 2013 to
Thursday, November 14, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Term NTE 30 Sep 2015|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is one of the U.S. Air Forces largest and most important installations. It is the birthplace, home and future of aerospace. By virtually any measure, "Wright-Patt'' is the most diverse and organizationally complex base in the U.S. Air Force. This is where America's Air Force aircraft of tomorrow are conceived, developed, and acquired. Click here for more information.
This announcement will result in a 90-day register which may be used to fill vacancies for 90 days after the closing date of this announcement. Referrals may be made as vacancies occur.
Position Summary: To serve as senior patrolman and assistant/deputy flight chief, providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over nonsupervisory employees assigned to the Security Forces Flight. This position is located with the 88th Security Forces Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
This position may be designated mission essential based on local conditions. Mission essential personnel report for duty at normal times when the base is closed or delayed reporting, and remain on duty during phased or early release.
This position may be designated as a key position IAW AFI 36-507. Duties of this position may be locally determined to be essential to the accomplishment of wartime/contingency operations. Incumbents of key positions must be removed from their military recall status if alternative for filling of the position during an emergency is not available.
This is a TERM (time-limited) position. It may be extended for a maximum of 4 years. The incumbent cannot be converted to a permanent position based on selection from this announcement.
- U.S. citizenship required
- Travel expenses will not be paid
- Recruitment and relocation incentives will not be used
- This is a TERM position not to exceed 30 Sep 2015
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance.
DUTIES:Back to top
Performs and enforces the full range of police officer duties within the military installation.
Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of a Security Forces Flight, ensuring that flight complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and EEO and diversity objectives. Develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards.
Performs the full range of duties for defending protection level resources and base entry controller.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Minimum Qualifications Supervisory Police Officer, GS-0083-07: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-06) or equivalent obtained in either private or public sector. Specialized experience is experience that provided knowledge of a body of basic laws and regulations, law enforcement operations, practices, and techniques and involved responsibility for maintaining order and protecting life and property. Creditable specialized experience may have been gained in work on a police force; through service as a military police officer; in work providing visitor protection and law enforcement in parks, forests, or other natural resource or recreational environments; in performing criminal investigative duties; or in other work that provided the required knowledge and skills.
To view the complete Individual Occupational Requirement for this series click here.
Additional Requirements: In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications the applicant must also successfully pass the physical evaluations/tests of this position including but not limited to:
Pre-employment Physical Examination: Applicants must be able to meet the established Medical Evaluation Guidelines as well as the established hearing standards and discern colors, contrast, and depth for this occupational series. Click here to view the applicable guidelines.
Physical Agility Fitness Testing: Physical evaluations include 1.5 mile run in 16 minutes 17 seconds or less, 300 meter run in 66 seconds or less, a minimum of 32 push-ups (un-timed), Agility run of 18.1 seconds or less, and vertical jump with a minimum height of 16.5 inches. (Note: A medical clearance from your private physician may be provided clearing you to take the annual Physical Agility Test (PAT). This medical clearance is subject to the reviewing medical officer's approval.)
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT/OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
- This is a Testing Designated Position. The incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment and participation in random drug testing.
- The work requires a valid drivers license and the incumbent must be able to operate all Security Forces Vehicles and installed equipment.
- Must be qualified in the use of required weapons.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours. Overtime may be required.
- May be required to wear special protective clothing such as coats, boots, vests, gas masks, and/or helmets.
- Must undergo initial and periodic job compatibility assessments.
- Must obtain and maintain first responder training/certifications required in CPR techniques, self aid buddy care, and first aid on the job and maintain annually.
- Must wear a uniform and meet applicable Air Force dress and appearance standards.
- Subject to annual duty position evaluation on a pass/fail standard.
- Must pass initial formal law enforcement training school as determined by functional, a certificate from a federally recognized Law Enforcement Academy is preferred.
- Work may require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- Exposed to high levels of noise such as aircraft engines.
- Incumbent will be exposed to the day-to-day dangers associated with law enforcement and security duties.
- This position may fall under the Standard Premium Pay Provisions under Title 5 USC.
- Recurring training is required to keep the incumbent knowledgeable on the updated specialized tactics, techniques and procedures necessary for preparation and response to catastrophic event, terrorist attacks and related threats to installations.
- Ability to employ infantry/SWAT small unit tactics involving fire and maneuver, with rapid advancing movement between defensive positions, while wearing protective gear for extended periods of time, e.g., employing Active Shooter response tactics and techniques as a member of a small team is required.
- All newly-assigned first-level supervisors are required to complete Mandatory Supervisory Training (MST) within 120-days of assignment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How You Will Be Evaluated: The rating you receive is based on YOUR responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the specialized experience, education requirements (if applicable), and competencies/ knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) required of this position. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience; your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies/KSAs and other characteristics:
· LAW ENFORCEMENT DIRECTIVES, REGULATIONS, AND POLICIES
· TECHNICAL COMPETENCE
· ORAL COMMUNICATION
· WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
BASIS OF RATING: Your application will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience in your resume meet the KSAs required for the position. If you meet the basic qualification requirements for the position, your application will be assessed and placed into one of the following three quality categories: Best Qualified -Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position. Highly Qualified - Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position. Qualified -Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position. Click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional required documents (see Required Documents section below)
4. Copy of separation Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50). For example a Retirement, Resignation, or Termination.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, November 14, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 990851. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. OPM Form 1203FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses, please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement:
Online Application (Questionnaire)
Resume (Must include beginning/ending month & year for each employment period)
Transcripts, if qualifying based on education
Veterans Preference - A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted if a terminal leave form or DD FORM 214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave. In addition, if claiming 10 point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and if selected a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference) click here. (PLEASE NOTE: VA-Letter MUST contain your overall percentage of service connected disability and MUST be dated 1991 or LATER; DO NOT provide a VA-Letter containing personal medical information as it is not acceptable).
For more information on veterans preference click here.
For more information on Family Member Preference (Derived Preference) click here.
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144.
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. After a review of your complete application is made, you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official.