If you are looking to be a part of a dynamic team environment then MCC is the place for you! Visit our WEBSITE at WWW.MCC.GOV to see the life changing projects our staffs are undertaking. MCCs mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth.
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCCs values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the Department of Compact Operations (DCO), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
This position serves as the Deputy Resident Country Director (DRCD) and reports to the Resident Country Director (RCD) who reports to the Deputy Vice President for Africa. As an official government employee, the DRCD is part of the U.S. country team at the U.S. Embassy, and must collaborate closely with various elements of the U.S. Embassy. The RCD will be physically based in Dakar, Senegal.
The DRCD assists the RCD in providing ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback, and support to the Millennium Challenge Account compact country in implementation. Specifically, the DRCD plays a critical role in the Compacts success by:
- assisting the RCD to provide ongoing guidance, advice, technical feedback and support to the MCA, MCCs accountable entity on implementation;
- developing and making use of information sources, contacts and analytical material to assist the RCD in regular monitoring and reporting to MCC Washington on Compact implementation;
- assisting with coordination between MCA, the Government, and the MCC Resident Mission, and MCC Washington on technical implementation issues;
- providing oversight of activities in education, coordinating technical inputs, comments and advice;
- anticipating and troubleshooting potential problems (including substantive or administrative issues); tracking milestones and concrete progress on Compact implementation; proactively suggesting appropriate action such as program modification; and engaging on monitoring and evaluation and impact evaluations;
- assisting the RCD to coordinate with MCA and MCC Washington to achieve the timely delivery of such reports, plans, approvals and agreements as may be required for program implementation;
- assisting the RCD in day-to-day management of locally engaged staff, and of the MCC office in-country; assisting the RCD to manage, supervise and report on MCCs in-country presence, including procurement, staffing, budgeting, financial and asset management needs; and coordinating in-country visits by MCC staff, technical advisors and US government officials;
- assisting in responding to inquiries from the MCC Washington, OIG, Congress, other U.S. Government agencies, and MCC stakeholders in-country; preparing briefing papers, speeches, talking points and reports on Compact implementation and issues related to MCC activities; and
- assisting with organizing public outreach and representational events in-country relating to MCC activities and compact implementation, including helping to represent MCC in interactions with congressional delegations, other donors, representatives of local business community and civil society, and other interested parties in-country.
Selective Factors (Screen Outs): (If you do not meet the following qualification requirements, your application will not be considered for this position). Strong proficiency (spoken and written) in French. (You must include level of proficiency in your resume).
- Occasional Travel
- Required international travel may be as low as 15% of the time, but travel in country may be as high as 50% of