Job Title:SUPERVISORY PROGRAM MANAGER
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Job Announcement Number:LAG-PRO-990800-SD-690-PN
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, November 07, 2013 to
Thursday, November 21, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/ .
Who May Apply
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here .
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of the Director, Privacy and Records Office; Duty Location: Washington, DC.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug screen for fed employment
- Relevant Experience (see Qualifications and Evaluations Tab)
- Complete Application Package (see How to Apply Tab)
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Supervisory Program Manager in the Privacy and Records Office, you will serve as the ICE Records Officer and supervise staff in the Records Branch. You will oversee the agency's compliance activities under the Federal Records Act and the agency's Alien File compliance program. Specifically, you will:
- Identify and resolve, as applicable, unique federal records and information management issues where no policy exists, taking innovative actions to address new needs and/or issues.
- Practice sound position management when assigning work, combining/separating duties, establishing and abolishing positions, and in fulfilling other human resources management duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that assigned programs and processes are covered by internal controls and that appropriate precautions are taken to prevent fraud, waste, and misuse of resources in accordance with the Federal Managers' Integrity Act (FMIA).
- Direct a program segment that performs professional, technical, and/or administrative work. The program directed and services provided have a significant impact on a substantial part of the agency, and facilitates the organization's accomplishment of its primary mission or programs administered nationwide.
- Perform liaison with management and high-ranking officials in other DHS components, other Federal agencies, top-level managers in DHS, and various governing boards/committees.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
GS-14: You qualify for the GS-14 grade level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-13 level performing duties such as:
- Implementing internal controls for assigned programs and processes and undertaking appropriate precautions to prevent fraud, waste, and misuse of resources.
- Managing or administering a professional, technical, and/or administrative program or program segment where you provided expert and authoritative advice on program issues to higher-ranking officials within your organization or in other organizations.
- Directing, implementing, and/or overseeing records management laws and/or requirements within a federal agency, in a state or local government agency, or private industry.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification claims will be subject to verification.
Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using an Assessment Questionnaire. The questions are related to the following fundamental competencies (or Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) needed to perform the duties of this job: managing human resources; planning and evaluating; financial, information, and conflict management; leadership; problem solving; and reasoning and organizational awareness.
Based on your responses, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Applicants in the best qualified category will be referred to the hiring manager and may be called for an interview.
ICTAP/CTAP Eligibles: If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not ICTAP/CTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility is on the OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp. To be considered well qualified under ICTAP/CTAP you must be placed in the well qualified category for this position as described above.
Veterans: Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are placed in the best qualified category above non-preference eligibles, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. This position IS NOT considered scientific/professional. For more information regarding veterans' preference, please see: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.