The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. We are looking for highly qualified individuals to meet the challenges of expanding electronic services and processes to our customers and the American public. This position is located in the A/C Payment Management, Kansas City Financial Center in Kansas City, MO.
As a MAIL AND FILE CLERK (OA) you will:
- Assess work in progress and ensure timely release;
- Ensure paperwork is accurately and completely documented;
- Inspect checks released to ensure checks are pre-sorted in accordance with Post Office regulations;
- Adhere to frequently changing requirements to perform duties associated with checks destined for foreign locations; and
- Ensure daily payments that have been manually typed have been signed, recorded, and enclosed and that action is taken for release to Designated Agent or USPS.