This position is located in the Media and Technology Office of the Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM). The employee serves as Web Content and Social Media Manager and as Deputy to the Chief in implementing technology strategy and leading the Museum's digital initiatives.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Assists with department management including the supervision of staff.
- Proposes and develops strategies for web and media content and activities.
- Coordinates and develops web and new media content.
- Manages production, review, editing and approval processes.
- Coordinates with staff to distribute content via email and social media.
- Oversees social media sites and consults on the creation of new sites, accounts or channels.