To qualify for this position, applicants must possess one year general experience OR two years above high school education OR a qualifying combination of experience and education by the closing date of this announcement. General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of a Teller.
Appropriate education may be substituted for or combined with experience. This education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx for more information.
Transcripts must be provided if you are using education to qualify. Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts as long as they contain the applicant's name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received by this office no later than 11:59PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Work Schedule: Part Time 64 hours bi-weekly
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: ARE NOT Authorized
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirement: The work is primarily sedentary but does include some standing, walking, and occasional bending. May be required to lift and/or carry money boxes or bags.
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/ for more information.
- Obligated Position: No
- Optional form 306 (OF-306) - NOTICE: You must submit an OF-306, declaration for Federal Employment (available at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OF306.pdf This is a required form and must be submitted with your resume.
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement upon its closing for up to 90 days.
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
- Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Knowledge of cash processing procedures.
- Ability to operate computer systems.
- Ability to communicate.
REVIEW OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (FOR ALL APPLICANTS):
To determine if you meet the qualifications, requirements and quality of experience required for this position, we review your resume, supporting documents and responses to the questionnaire. The score you receive is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required. If, after this review, we determine that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience we can and will adjust your score to more accurately reflect your qualifications for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully as errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Based on the results of the evaluation process, we place those who apply under delegated examining procedures in one of the following quality categories:
Best-Qualified: Candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the positions minimum qualifications, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factors.
Highly-Qualified: Candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceeds the positions minimum qualifications.
Qualified: Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and are proficient in some but not all of the positions requirements.
We send candidates in the Best-Qualified category to the hiring manager for employment consideration first. We send candidates in other categories to the hiring manager based on category rating procedures.
Veterans in the Best-Qualified category who (1) provide all applicable and required documents (See the Required Documents section for more information) and (2) meet all the positions requirements are referred before non-veteran candidates. If there are no veterans in the Best-Qualified category meeting these criteria, we refer non-veteran candidates for employment consideration.