In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems. To be creditable, your resume must further reflect specialized experience, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Experience to deviate from or extend traditional financial management methods and practices in developing solutions to problems where precedents are not applicable and to develop material to supplement and explain agency, command, or finance community guidelines; and knowledge and understanding of all USAF, OSD and Federal financial management processes; of budget policy, processes, DoD's Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System (PPBS). Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of budget formulation and submission requirements.
2. Knowledge of budget obligation and expenditure concepts.
3. Knowledge of cost and schedule performance measurement concepts.
4. Skill in describing the results of contractor cost and schedule performance analysis.
5. Knowledge of contractor system requirements for earned value management systems.
6. Skill in identifying and analyzing cost-effectiveness relationships between all aspects of financial management which are subject to significant and continued flux overtime.
7. Skill in applying budget formulation concepts to generate cogent documents.
8. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices and procedures.
9. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. The work requires the employee to occasionally travel away from normal duty station on military or commercial aircaft to attend conferences and meetings.
2. Employee must be able to acquire and retain a Secret (S) clearance in order to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
3. This position is designated as an acquisition position and is covered by the Acquisition Professional Developmental Program (APDP).
4. The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting, Defense Acquisition Work Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable of the duties of the position.
5. Safeguard classified or sensitive budget/cost-related information and/or files.
6. Employee may be required to work overtime.
7. Employee is expected to meet Continuing Acquisition Education requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.