Job Title:Facilities Services Worker
Job Announcement Number:14R-JC-298845-DEU-OFEO
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Wednesday, November 06, 2013 to
Tuesday, February 11, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time, Permanent -
|FEW vacancies -
Washington DC, DC View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.|
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #14R-JC-298845-MPA-OFEO.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations (OFEO), Smithsonian Institution. The employee performs a variety of duties in zone to support overall facility maintenance; the work includes performing heavy manual tasks and maintaining facility cleanliness.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
- Must have a valid state or District of Columbia driver's license.
- Must have a valid forklift certification.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Your overall experience and training must indicate that you have the minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed to perform the duties of this position. There is no substitution of education for experience for this position. Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement. Additional information on the Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations can be found on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/index.htm.
Qualification requirements, including one year time-in-grade at the next lower grade level for promotion candidates, must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How you will be evaluated:
Applications will first be evaluated to determine whether the following screen out element is met:
Ability to do the work of a Facilities Services Worker without more than normal supervision.
If an applicant meets the screen-out element, the following Job Elements will be evaluated:
- Skill in the operation and operator-level maintenance of motor vehicles.
- Knowledge of work practices (includes maintaining facilities in a neat, clean and orderly manner).
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc.
- Ability to drive safely (motor vehicle).
- Ability to operate safely non-motor vehicles such as propane powered forklifts, gas or LP-powered, self propelled ride-on, and other equipment.
- Reliability and dependability as a Facilities Services Worker.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience.
Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.