Job Title: Dairy Products Marketing Specialist (General)Job Announcement Number: 6DY-2014-0002
Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Agricultural Marketing Service
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, November 07, 2013 to
Thursday, November 14, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current AMS employees within the local commuting area of Washington, DC with competitive status, reinstatement eligibles and others under special hiring authorities. Go to the following website for a list of these authorities: Special Hiring Authorities
**Please note supporting documenation required for merit promotion vacancies has changed due to new department regulations. Please see the Required Documents section for more information.**
Relocation expenses will not be paid
This position is located in the Office of Operations & Accountability Division. The Director of Operations and Accountability Division, Dairy Programs (E-Government & Information Technology), is responsible for the development and direction in the use of Internet-based technologies.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
DUTIES:Back to top
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and recommends new strategies, methods, and plans on a wide variety of subjects which cover the full range of program areas.
- Serves as Dairy Programs webmaster. Provides leadership and assistance to Dairy staff on using internet technology and leveraging in-house technology.
- Serves on various agency teams and working groups as designated by the Director of Operations and Accountability Division or the Deputy Administrator.
- Assists in conducting surveys and researches background data to analyze management information requirements.
- Analyzes, develops, executes, and evaluates a variety of management information systems
- Serves as Dairy Outreach Coordinator and supports Agency's Outreach Programs to improve knowledge and use of AMS programs, services, and opportunities to un- and underserved population.
- Provides the highest level of customer service delivery, serving as both consultant and advocate for Dairy Programs in the use of Information Technology and E-Government.
- Adheres to Equal Employment and Civil Rights policies, goals, and objectives in performing the duties of this position.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify, you must meet all qualification and time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the experience requirements specified below. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-13 GRADE LEVEL Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors. Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
THERE IS NO EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION FOR THE GS-13 GRADE LEVEL.
- Experience in technology transfer methodology and project management techniques in order to evaluate effectiveness of applications.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups interested in and affected by Dairy Programs.
- Experience in Federal laws, regulations, and guidelines applicable to the administration and execution of Dairy Programs and activities.
- Experience in writing analytical reports and other correspondence.
- Expertise experience in the creation of World Wide Web pages and state-of-the-art methods of electronic information dissemination.
- Expert experience in research methodologies to conduct/analyze studies of complex or unprecedented problem areas. The solution of which may require the development of new techniques and procedures or changes in programs.
- Fluent in Spanish and experienced in translations of this language for official publications
Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
Applicants must be fluent in Spanish
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Communication skills - Interpersonal, Oral and Written
- Project Management Leadership, Supervisory and Decision Making
- General Agricultural Marketing Skills
- We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
- Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements and are determined to be among the best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration. Non-Competitive candidates need to meet minimum qualification requirements to be referred.
: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted docmentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin.
The following instructions outline our application process.
- You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
- We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). Applying online is highly encouraged. If applying online poses a hardship, please contact our office during business hours well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages with supporting documents must be submitted no later than noon on the closing date of the announcement in order to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Create a USAJOBS account (if you do not already have one) at www.usajobs.gov. It is recommended that as part of your profile you set up automatic email notification to be informed when the status of your application changes. If you choose not to set up this automatic notification, then you will have to log into your USAJOBS account to check on the status of your application.Step 2:
Create a Resume with USAJOBS or upload a Resume into your USAJOBS account. You may want to customize your resume to ensure it documents duties and accomplishments you have gained that are directly related to this position in order to verify that qualifications are met. In addition, your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire (you may preview the online questionnaire by clicking on the link at the end of the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement).Step 3:
Click "Apply Online" and follow the prompts to complete the Occupational Questionnaire and attach any additional documents that may be required.
You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. Simply log into your USAJOBS account and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application” to continue.
**Please note the supporting documentation required when applying to USDA positions has changed. All applicants qualifying based on education must submit a copy of their transcripts. This also applies to status applicants who are applying to a position in the same occupational series in which they currently serve or to which they were previously appointed. All current and/or former Federal employees must submit a copy of a Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) or equivalent. (Previously, MRP employees were not required to submit an SF-50.) All current Federal employees must submit a performance appraisal to be considered.**
A complete Application Package must be submitted and received prior to 11:59, ET, on the closing date. The following documents are required for your application package to be complete. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, delays in the mail service, system failure or downtime, etc. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
Other required documents as applicable:
- Resume that includes the following information: 1) job information for which you are applying; 2) personal information; 3) education; 4) work experience including the work schedule and hours worked per week as well as dates of employment; and title, series and grade if applicable; 5) supervisor's phone number and e-mail address for each work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 6) other qualifications.
- College Transcripts if education is required for meeting basic qualifications and/or used as a substitute for specialized experience. An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application; however, if selected, an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty.
- Current/Former Career/Career-Conditional: MUST submit a copy of your most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 or equivalent) showing that you are/were in the competitive service, as well as the highest grade (or promotion potential) held on a permanent basis, your federal status, position title, series and grade; AND current Federal employees must also submit your most recently completed annual performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) which identifies the employee’s official rating of record, signed by the supervisor, or a statement advising why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Do not submit a performance plan.
- Veteran Hiring Authority Eligibles: VEOA, VRA, and 30% Disabled Veterans MUST submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy). Disabled veterans must include a copy of your VA letter & SF-15 if claiming 10 pt. preference. Current active duty members must submit a certification that they are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
- Schedule A, Persons with Disabilities Appointment: Sch A letter from a physician, local, state or federal rehabilitation office citing eligibility under 5 CFR 213.3102 (u).
- Non-Competitive Reassignment/Transfer/Reinstatement: Most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 or equivalent) in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position.
- Certain Military Spouses Eligible under E.O. 13473: MUST submit verification of the marriage to the service member (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage), a copy of your spouse’s DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) AND one of the following: a copy of your Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders issued within the last 2 years that lists you as authorized to accompany the military member to the new duty permanent station; OR verification of the member's 100% disability (VA Letter); OR verification of the member's death while on active duty (DD-1300 and Death Certificate).
- CTAP/ICTAP: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, Notice of Proposed Removal, or appropriate OPM/Agency certification; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position from which you will be separated.
- Other Special Hiring Authorities: If you are claiming eligibility under a Special Hiring Authority, you must submit supporting documentation. For more information, click: Supporting Documentation
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you set up your USAJOBS account to send automatic email notifications, you will receive an email acknowledging: 1) the submission of your online Occupational Questionnaire and resume was successful, 2) if you were referred to the selecting official for consideration, and 3) if you were selected or not selected. If you choose not to set up automatic email notifications, you must check your USAJOBS account for the latest status of your application. Your application may be reviewed to verify that you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements for the position prior to issuing lists to a selecting official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted. Normally, a final job offer to the selected candidate is made within 30-60 days after the issuance of the certificate.