The Deputy Assistant Director (DAD), Investigative Services:
· Supports the Executive Associate Director, Deputy Associate Director, and Assistant Director, HSI in exercising overall responsibility, as well as delegated authority, for the oversight and administration of HSI investigate services. Serves as the primary point of contact for all investigative support activities.
· Coordinates investigative support activities that transcend the geographical limitations of HSI field assets; mediates and resolves any and all intra-and interagency conflicts with regards to investigative issues.
· Monitors the personnel, budgetary, and logistical needs of HSI Investigative Services Division and field office requirements, and advises the Executive Associate Director, Deputy Associate Director, and Assistant Director, HSI of any actual or anticipated shortfalls.
· Develops short and long-range investigative operational plans for review and approval by the Assistant Director, Investigations. Coordinates and, where possible, integrates investigative operations with other ICE programs.
· Responsible for the effective and efficient use of personnel, facilities and other resources of HSI within the division. Provides guidance and leadership to subordinate managers in the establishment of goals for their various functions. This includes setting performance standards and conducting performance evaluations in assuring that goals are attained and commitments are met, and that subordinate supervisors are held accountable for the performance of their organizations. Performance deficiencies are addressed through counseling, training, etc.
· Reviews organizational structure and functional responsibility of the HSI Investigative Services Division. Decides whether changes are needed; authorizes and implements realignments, staffing adjustments, and delegated authority level.
· Assures effective expenditure of appropriated funds. Authorizes cost-savings initiatives to increase efficiency while reducing operating costs. Proposes detailed justifications for major expenditures to be incorporated in the overall allocation of funds.
· Through subordinate managers, supervises a technical and professional workforce. Makes decisions on program problems presented by managers, evaluates the performance of those reporting directly and reviews the performance evaluations made by subordinate managers of other employees. Resolves individual or group employee grievances not resolved at the lower level; and reviews serious disciplinary cases and disciplinary problems involving key employees.
· Develops, implements, and administers national and international investigative programs relevant to the investigative activities over which HSI has jurisdiction. Establishes and conducts liaison with other Federal, state, local, international law enforcement, and law enforcement-related intelligence agencies relevant to the investigative activities over which HSI has jurisdiction.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with various high-level individuals, including Members of Congress and their staff, other legislative and executive agencies, executives of major corporations, and distinguished members of the public. Establishes and maintains close and cooperative working relationships with related interests, in order to advance programs and objectives of the agency.
As a member of the agency's executive team, you will implement the President's Management Agenda within your specific area of responsibility. For an overview of the diverse responsibilities ICE carries out within the Government, visit our website at http://www.ice.gov/ .