The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas, oil, and electricity. FERC also regulates natural gas and hydropower projects. As part of our goal, we are seeking highly skilled individuals to assist in carrying out the mission of this agency.
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission assists consumers in obtaining reliable, efficient and sustainable energy services at a reasonable cost through appropriate regulatory and market means. To learn more about the Commission, please visit www.ferc.gov.
These positions are located in the Office of Energy Market Regulation (OEMR) in one of the three regional Electric Power Regulation Divisions (East, Central or West) or The Division of Pipeline Regulation. OEMR serves the public interest by providing leadership and vision in promoting market solutions to regulating economic and operational activity in natural gas pipeline, oil pipeline and electric power markets.
- Perform work individually or as a member of a team.
- Work on multiple projects that are assigned concurrently and you will act in a different capacity on each, as need dictates.
- Perform selected tasks to support Office staff in performing case processing, reviews and evaluations, filing analysis, data analysis, special projects, or other staff work.
- Conduct, or participate in the review and analysis of regulatory issues, data and other documents associated with Commission filings and/or other regulatory documents to ensure consistency with pertinent regulatory principles and Commission policies.
- Conduct, or participate in the review and analysis of regulatory data and documents associated with the natural gas and/or oil pipelines and/or electric utilities.