This position is located in the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute (SCBI) at the National Zoological Park (NZP). The employee is responsible for the general administration and oversight of SCBI research, financial, safety, and facility programs, as well as the operations of the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation (SMSC) at the SCBI facility in Front Royal, Virginia.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Works with individuals to develop strategic approaches for increasing fundraising through grants, contracts and donations to support key research and program priorities.
- Works closely with Directors and Administrative Officers to identify funding requirements, fund essential scientific programs and staff, and streamline administrative procedures.
- Works with staff to review, develop and update the master plan, and associated capital development and maintenance projects.
- Works with staff to establish and monitor safety programs per SI Safety manual and OSHA requirements to ensure full compliance with safety guidelines and policies.
- Assist Director in managing operational and academic responsibilities to include supervision of Professional Training Team Leader, and overall guidance and responsibility for the performance of all staff.