The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services.
This position is located in the Philadelphia City Financial Center, Bureau of the Fiscal Service within the Department of the Treasury.
As a Payment Disbursement Assistant , you will:
- Operate a variety of equipment to include inserters, enclosers, mail sorters, and strapping machines and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Identify supplies and materials required to insert, enclose, sort, stage, and mail payments.
- Perform quality control measures affecting the availability and reliability of inserting and enclosing systems.
- Review payment requirements governing selected inserts and initiate the electronic enclosure or insertion of an information document into the envelope from Inserter.
- Perform sleeving, banding, and sorting processes to facilitate the mailing of paper check payments, as required.