The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
As a Lead Information Technology Specialist in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Division as assigned, Branch as assigned, you will have the responsibilities of planning and coordinating the installation, testing, operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities or who are covered by an interchange agreement)
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
As a Lead Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Articulate and communicate to the team (and report to the supervisor as needed) the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, priorities, and or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion;
- Lead the team in: identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and or occupational specialization;
- Train or arrange for the training of team members;
- Maintain program and administrative reference materials, project files and relevant background documents and make available policies, procedures, and written instructions from the supervisor;
- Represent the team with other team leaders, program officials, the public and other customers.