In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must possess experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and ability to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience would be demonstrated by providing advice on, administering or performing work in the collection, processing, reporting, analysis, evaluation, interpretation, and dissemination of Intelligence information and/or products on political, economic, social, cultural, physical, geographic, medical, scientific, or military conditions, trends, and forces in foreign areas which directly or indirectly affect the national security. This position requires significant knowledge and understanding of every intelligence collection discipline and development of integrated collection strategies.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Extensive professional and current knowledge of a wide range of National, National Intelligence Community, Air Force, Air Force Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency (AFISRA), force modernizer, warfighter and policy maker concepts, principles, and practices.
2. Ability to apply expert knowledge on the Intelligence Community and its customers to resolve difficult and complex work assignments of national importance, essential to ensure successful accomplishment of squadron mission and thorough recommendations of Group, Center and Agency leadership. Requires the ability to apply this knowledge to the development of new methods, approaches, and procedures to solve significant intelligence problems.
3. A Bachelors degree in engineering, intelligence, human behavior, international relations, or a related field, is desired. A Masters degree is preferred.
4. Requires a high degree of analytical competence, judgment, leadership, creativity, and intellectual resourcefulness.
5. Requires the ability to make decisions in many areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology or interpretation resulting from constant program changes or conflicting requirements.
6. Experience in the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution cycle in support of operational air & space forces is desired.
7. Must be able to quickly and expertly evaluate analytical/research papers, briefings, and discussions to determine relevance of the material to the mission of the Squadron.
8. Ability to communicate with and to influence people at all levels of government is essential.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. This position is covered by the DCIPS, and as such will subject the incumbent to those examinations and or tests that are necessary to obtain and retain a security clearance and any special accesses required by the position in accordance with AFI 36-1101. This position is a testing designated position and as such requires periodic urinalysis testing. Failure to comply with any of the special requirements, when required, will subject the incumbent of this position to reassignment or disciplinary adverse actions, including demotion or removal.
2. May be required to travel by military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments. Prolonged periods of sitting, reading, and intense data analysis are typical. This work is mostly sedentary performed in an office setting.
3. This position requires availability for short notice work on weekends, holidays, and evenings. Flexibility in adjusting the scheduled workday is mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.