All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement Monday, November 18, 2013
To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below.
Applicants applying for the GS-11 grade level must meet one of the following requirements:
A. Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience with financial and budgetary practices, policies, functions, and programs to relate financial policy and system needs to major activity areas;
- Skill in the development of budget and cost estimates Ability to use financial management systems and their output in order to locate and analyze pertinent data, reconcile discrepancies, and produce reports of financial data;
- A high degree of skill in analytical reasoning, and ability that skill to the identification, analysis; and conceptualization of financial and budgetary issues and development of alternative solutions; OR
B. Have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M. from an accredited college or university. OR
C. Have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience (as described above), which is equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal Service. This experience and education together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Combination of Experience and Education: When an applicant has less than one year of specialized experience as described in the announcement, he or she may combine successfully completed graduate-level education with experience to meet the total qualification requirements. Generally, 18 graduate semester hours is equivalent to 1 full-time year of graduate study (your school and department determine what constitutes 1 full time year of graduate study). The percentage of specialized work experience and the percentage of graduate study must total at least 100%. Note: All applicants WILL BE required to submit transcripts as verification of educational requirement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you may lose consideration for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Category Rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be placed into one of the following three categories:
- Best Qualified: Highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills, and abilities of the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in the qualification section of this vacancy announcement.
- Well Qualified: Competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities of the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in the qualification section of this vacancy announcement.
- Qualified: Overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities of the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in the qualification section of this vacancy announcement.
Upon receipt of your complete application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Next, your responses to the questionnaire and/or competency statements will be evaluated to determine the degree to which your skills match this position. The occupational questionnaire is designed to assess your ability to demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and other characteristics and must be supported by information in your resume:
- Knowledge of budget and financial management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of travel regulations, laws, policies, procedures and practices to process employee travel request and entitlements.
- Skill in conducting studies, research, analysis, investigations and providing recommendations and/or solutions to complex problems and issues involving complicated employee travel entitlements, allowances, voucher, and other travel problems.
- Knowledge of charge card regulations, laws, policies, procedures and practices.
- Skill in oral communications in order to deal effectively with employees, supervisors, timekeepers, customer service representatives, and personnel offices to answer pay questions, request and verify information, and resolve complicated problems.
- Skill in written communication.
- Knowledge of automated financial systems, word processing, spreadsheet, and database.
If your prior employment is/was gained in a part-time position, you must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. Application of Veteran's Preference:
The Category Rating method does not add veteran's preference points or apply the rule of three but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible who do not have a service-connected disability 10 percent or more will be assigned to the appropriate quality category based upon the job-related assessment and will be listed ahead of non-preference eligible within the appropriate quality category. Preference eligible who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet the minimum qualifications requirements will be listed in the highest quality category.