Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 987804
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan - by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
For Positions Covered by the Bargaining Unit: First consideration will be given to employees for this facility.WHO MAY APPLY:
- Current permanent employees of the VA Nationwide including permanent Veterans Canteen Service employees
- All federal employees serving on a Career or Career-Conditional appointment
- Former federal employees eligible for reinstatement
- Permanent Title 38 employees on a full-time basis
- Veterans eligible as 30% Disabled Veterans
- Veterans eligible under a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Veterans eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
- Those eligible under the Employment Program for People with Disabilities
- Those eligible under CTAP/ICTAP
Rotating Shifts: No
Required to work Holidays and/or Weekends: No
Work Schedule: 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status: No
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Equal Employment Specialist, GS-0260-7/9 PD# 10512-0
As a specialist in the EEO Office, performs work related to special emphasis program management and related activities, such as program development, program management and program evaluation. Serves as Equal Employment Specialist, participating with the Equal Employment Manager in accomplishing the development and implementation of the Equal Employment program with responsiblitiy for assuring that the ocal program incoporates the requirements of law and regualtions and is designed and administered to improve the untilization of minority groups, women and persons with disabilities and assure equal opportunity and treatment to all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national orgian, age, or physical/mental disability. Duties include:
- Serves as a junior adviser to the Equal Employment Manager
- Implements the District's Equal Employment Opportunity and related programs
- Assists in administering programs to improve the utilization of minority groups, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Assures equal opportunity and treatment of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, age, or physical or mental handicap
- Provides counseling and technical advice to District and serviced employees, managers and supervisors on EEO matters
- Administers the EEO Complaint program.
- Maintains official complaint files in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Participates in ad-hoc interdisciplinary Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) team meetings and collaborative team efforts to resolve complaint, disciplinary, personnel, and grievance issues
- Develops/implements the District's affirmative action plan
- Collects, compiles, and reports on statistical employment data of the District to measure progress in achieving goals
- Administers the Special Emphasis Programs (SEP)
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expensesare not authorized for this position.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.