Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards.
- Ten paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year.
- Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire.
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
- A retirement program which includes employer-matching contributions.
- Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits
- We will not pay relocation expenses
- This is a bargaining designated position covered by BPD.
- This position is a Nonsensitive position.
- The incumbent will be able to work an AWS/Flexitime schedule (10 hour AWS schedule is not available).
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
- Typical work schedule will be 7:00am to 3:30pm with the possibility of occasional shift work.
Fiscal Service may select candidates for this vacant position under this Job Opportunity Announcement and/or any other appropriate source of hiring authority (examples include, but are not limited to, competitive examining sources; non-competitive sources such as Veteran's Recruitment Appointment (if GS-11 or below), reinstatement or transfer of current or former competitive service employees; and direct hire authorities). Further information about these other sources of hiring authority is available from the Office of Personnel Management at http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp
In order to comply with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) reporting requirements, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service is asking applicants to complete the Race and National Origin (RNO) information during the application process. This information will be kept confidential and anonymous, and will only be used for demographic reporting purposes. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment
to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System
or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
). Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Wear required safety clothing and/or equipment required by the position. This may include safety shoes, hard hats, hearing protection, gloves, masks, etc. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in a workshop setting, various office areas, and outdoors. The incumbent is subject to dirt, dust, and inclement weather conditions as a result of outside work. Good distant vision in each eye, with or without glasses is essential. Because some activities are performed above ground levels or floor levels, the incumbent must have use of both hands and both legs. Specific physical requirements include:
- The ability to stand, bend, stoop, and lift materials equipment, and machinery in the 20-60 pound range with occasional lifting and carrying of items up to 60 pounds;
- The ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters, glasses or contact lenses permitted;
- The ability to distinguish basic colors; and
- The ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid.