The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services. The incumbent performs a variety of craft and trade related duties in a helper capacity. This position is located in the Office of Management Services, Division of Administrative Services, Facilities Management Branch.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, or eligible for the Veterans Recruitment Appointment); OR
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
As a Maintenance Worker, you will:
- Assist higher graded Maintenance Mechanics in performing various electrical and related services.
- Assist higher graded Maintenance Mechanics in performing miscellaneous plumbing services, such as minor repairs to plumbing fixtures and lines, replacing defective pumps and sight glasses in soap dispensers, and unclogging sinks and commodes.
- Assist higher graded Maintenance Mechanics in performing miscellaneous painting services such as painting doors and frames, cabinets, walls, various racks, suggestion boxes, hand rails, parking stripes, curbs, etc., preparing surfaces for painting by removing old paint using scrapers, sander, or paint removers; cleaning and removing rough spots on surfaces using wire brush and sandpaper; applying paint, varnish, urethane, etc., utilizing paint rollers, brushes, or sprayers.
- As directed, perform lower grade laborer and ground maintenance tasks using power driven ground maintenance equipment such as gasoline powered tractors, snow blowers, lawnmowers, weedwackers, hedge trimmers, lawn vacuums, etc., and various hand tools such as shovels, racks, hoes, wheelbarrows, etc. Incumbent is responsible for the safe and proper operation and care of tools and equipment used in the performance of assigned tasks.