SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-14) in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position is include:
- Developing, interpreting, and applying policies, regulations, and procedures relating to personal property management.
- Planning and coordinating complex Department-wide projects, studies, surveys, and assessments for personal property management.
- Formulating personal property management standards, procedures, guidelines.
- Reviewing and recommending personal property management legislation, Federal regulations and Executive Orders which regulate personal property process for all Governmental departments.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Knowledge of Federal policies, regulations and procedures relating to personal property management.
2. Ability to develop personal property and/or property management policy and guidance to support Department/Agency mission accomplishment.
3. Ability to integrate technical expertise in conducting reviewing and appraisals of personal property management functions/systems.
4. Ability to provide technical guidance and interpretation of complex personal property management policy, both orally and in writing.
Applicants should possess proficiency or the potential to develop proficiency in the following competencies for successful performance of Federal supervisory work.
-Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established control systems and rules.
- Customer Service: Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness: Makes well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information; rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Models high standards of ethics.
- Oral Communication: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations.
- Resilience: Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Written Communication: Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You must provide documentation supporting any education claims in your application. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
Education cannot be substituted for experience at the GS-15 level.
Applicant will be required to complete a Financial Disclosure Statement.
A preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work.
Current Federal employees or other individuals with and existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check.
Crediting Military/Private Sector Experience for Annual Leave Accrual may be authorized.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here.