In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this HEALTH TECHNICIAN position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training which provided a basic knowledge of principles and practices related to the health care delivery system.
Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training which provided a working knowledge of missions, organizations, programs and requirements of health care delivery systems. Experience involved in performing or assisting with a varied range of health or bioenvironmental activities. Experience interpreting various policies and procedures used in the state medical programs.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of a standardized body of laws, regulations, and procedures to provide regulatory guidance and recommendations to the Battalion/Squadron and subordinate personnel in the area of medical readiness and standards of fitness.
2. Knowledge of procedures for requesting military and civilian medical support resources to coordinate, execute, and update required documentation that supports individual medical readiness.
3. In-depth knowledge of the automated medical records and management system to provide guidance and instruction to Battalion/Squadron and subordinate units for the timely and accurate input of data. Practical knowledge to retrieve and/or query data to develop reports essential to support the command's medical readiness requirements.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, medical procedures, civilian medical coding, and other medical requirements sufficient to analyze available data, identify trends and shortfalls, and provide recommendations for improvement actions.
5. Knowledge of the regulations, policies, and procedures that apply to the physical evaluation system (fitness for duty evaluation, military occupational skills/medical retention board (MMRB), medical evaluation board/physical evaluation board (MEB/PEB)) to facilitate timely and accurate adjudication of medical board actions.
6. Broad knowledge of automated medical occupational data systems utilized to manage, report, and track medical qualifications and certifications.
7. Knowledge of military and civilian continuing education requirements to obtain and maintain military medical qualifications.
8. Knowledge of medical readiness indicators sufficient to assist in conducting subordinate unit inspections and assistance visits.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.