In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MATERIALS HANDLER & IDENTIFIER position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to distinguish between closely related or similar items, ability to follow procedures, ability to sort materials by type, and skill in the use of hand tools.
Experience or training identifying and sorting a variety of complex materials and equipment. Experience receiving materials and equipment, recording, and placing items in proper storage areas. Experience preparing all items for shipment using appropriate agency instructions. Experience in mathematical equations. Experience interpreting and using Federal Supply Catalogs, military and manufacturing catalogs, and technical and agency manuals. Experience using and operating forklifts and motor vehicles.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Expert knowledge of specialized handling, storing, disposal, and safety procedures related to hazardous materials to ensure adherence to governing regulatory guidance, policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of Federal, State, DoD, OSHA and EPA rules/regulations sufficient to control, oversee, coordinate and implement the facility Hazardous Materials Management Program.
3. Knowledge of warehouse activities to include receiving, inspecting for defects, storing, selecting and shipping general or specialized equipment and supplies and the techniques used in the examination and classification of standard/non standard, unusual, highly specialized items.
4. Skill and knowledge of technical specifications, vendor contracts regarding receipt and returning an item to a vendor when improperly sent, or refer material to quality assurance or maintenance personnel due to an observed defect. Able to use technical specifications and vendor numbers, and functional operation of items received and shipped against accompanying documents.
5. Knowledge and skill to conduct comprehensive searches of manufacturers' catalogues, tech orders, schematics and computerized data to identify unique and specialized items or those which lack proper identification of documentation.
6. Knowledge of the overall facility supply, storage, distribution and inventory plan, including supply documentation requirements. Knowledge of procedures for processing supply documents, to include the identification of problems/trends and ability to resolve discrepancies.
7. Knowledge of inventory and productionreports to screen and identify shipping and receiving documents fordiscrepancies, and direct shipments to shipping or storage areas.
8. Knowledge of computer commands and controls to make data entries, updates data and retrieve reports.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
ECMF: 91 EMOS: 25B, 36B, 51C, 88M/N, 89A/B, 92A/F/G/Y
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.