Incumbent will work primarily at the Albany VA Medical Center Prosthetics and Sensory Aids Service customer service office.
· Responsible for receiving and directing all incoming and outgoing phone calls.
· Uses the Prosthetic and Sensory Aids appointment schedule to scheduling patient appointments
· Updates demographic data when necessary and collecting medical insurance data from each Veteran and entering into system.
· Distributes, collects and forwards Prosthetic Patient Customer Service surveys.
· Displays and/or develops prosthetic and sensory aid informational handouts for ease of patient understanding.
· Reviews the daily schedule to identify those patients failing to report for clinic appointment. Reviews the daily electronic mail system to determine those patients that have requested cancellation or reschedule of appointments.
· Reschedules clinics that are canceled and prepares notices for patients on initial or rescheduled appointments.
· Scheduling appointments for clinics conducted by Prosthetic practitioners.
· Ensures all items required for appointments are shipped in advance for the scheduled clinic.
· Receives items needed for Veterans and provide as appropriate.
· Receives the mail for the department and handles/distributes appropriately.
· Composes, edits letters and/or performs various administrative functions for Chief or Assistant Chief of Prosthetics
· Maintains proficiency in automated computerized systems (CPRS, VISTA, My HealtheVet and office communicator.)
· Other assignments include participating in team huddles and team meetings to manage and plan patient care; set priorities and deadlines, adjusting the flow and sequencing of the work to meet team and patient needs;
· Works with the team to reinforce the plan of care and self-help solutions and entering appropriate information into the electronic record; monitoring pre-appointment requirements to assure readiness for patient visit/procedure (e.g., X-ray, lab work);
· Manages electronic wait list to verify and validate accuracy and resolve issues; participating and providing input in problem solving on operational issues or procedures in team meetings, performing administrative follow up actions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.