The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position manages the Computing Support Branch (CSB) within the United States Naval Academy Division of Engineering and Weapons and reports directly to the Engineering and Weapons Technical Support Director. The facilities of the Computing Support Branch support midshipmen in education in all departments of the Division of Engineering and Weapons. These facilities support the Naval Academy at large where high-quality computer graphics, computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) capabilities are required. The selectee designs, develops, implements, modifies, evaluates and maintains the programs which comprise the operating system and systems software of the computers, computer networks, and sophisticated computer-aided design interactive graphics devices operated by the Computing Support Branch.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Instruct faculty, staff, and students on programming languages, operating systems, interpreters, compliers, utilities, editors, graphic software systems or computer networking and computer communications concepts
- Install, support, maintain or modify existing vendor-supplied operating systems such as Windows, UNIX, or SUN-OS to meet departmental needs
- Assist in planning, projecting, or fulfilling information technology requirements for customers by soliciting feedback from faculty and staff
- Plan, project, and fulfill the information technology requirements for all customers
- Provide direction and expertise in the area of information technology systems and programming to the Computing Support Branch group
- Plan efficient utilization of computers, both long and short term, for the Computing Support Branch and the Division of Engineering and Weapons including lifecycle management