Want to diversify your professional experiences? Intrigued by other positions within NSF? Looking for a new way to contribute to NSF's mission? This may be the opportunity for you!
As an NSF employee, you are our most important strength. That's why we've consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in the federal government! Leverage your current skills in a new capacity to build bridges across NSF and contribute to cross-cutting projects, while at the same time expanding your own career horizons by increasing your responsibilities and pursuing fresh perspectives. Take charge of your career and apply today!
This position is located in the Office of Budget, Finance and Award Management, Division of Grants and Agreements (DGA). DGA activities include: Providing assistance with the development of effective program announcements, solicitations and program descriptions; The development of appropriate and effective funding mechanisms for assistance awards of varying complexities; Ongoing post-award management and oversight, including financial and administrative business assistance and issue resolution; and Assistance regarding the development, implementation and ongoing assessment of all supporting business models and processes.
This position serves as a Grants Management Specialist located in the National Science Foundation (NSF), Office of Budget, Finance and Award Management (BFA), Division of Grants and Agreements (DGA) with responsibilities for:
- Planning, advising upon, and managing a series of grants and other agreements in support of complex research, facilities and education projects or other activities involving large dollar amounts or unusual situations;
- Identifying and developing program implementation strategies and alternatives for new initiatives and activities;
- Advising and assisting NSF program managers in selecting the most effective methods of generating proposals and methods, techniques and instruments for implementing widely differing types of proposed projects or activities, including, but not limited to, grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, interagency agreements, and Memoranda of Understanding;
- Providing direct advice and assistance to program management in formulating, drafting, reviewing and finalizing program solicitations, announcements, brochures and other appropriate proposal generating mechanisms; and
- Providing grants management policy guidance, budget development guidance and other business and NSF policy advice as required.