In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this SUPPLY SYSTEMS ANALYST position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training which has provided the applicant with a general knowledge of one or more aspects of the supply field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Mus thave at least 24 months experience, education, or training dealing with cost estimates, budgets or funding management. Experience conducting extensive searches for required information; reconstruct records for complex supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or the equivalent may be substituted for three months of specialized experience. Education in schools above the high school level may be substituted for experience on the basis of one academic year of study (i.e., 36 weeks or substantially full-time study or 30 semester hours or the equivalent.) for 12 months of the required experience. For experience required in excess of 24 months, education in schools above the high schools level may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of education for six months of experience. School above high schools level means an educational institution (e.g., a business or commercial school or college, a secretarial school, a junior college or a college or university.) for which high school graduation or the equivalent is a prerequisite and in which an applicant successfully completed study which was not primarily limited to courses in word processing and keyboarding or both. Substantially full-time study in the case of business and commercial schools is the equivalent of at least 20 classroom hours of instruction per week. One academic year consists of approximately 36 weeks of substantially full-time study or 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Practical knowledge of a wide range of supply management programs, functions, concepts, and work processes; and a broad understanding of interrelated activities involving the supply process; to apply judgment, analysis, provide customer services, and resolve problems.
2. Broad knowledge of operations andautomated system is required to assist managers and specialist in managingprograms.
3. Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications to assist supply specialists in enhancing supply support to base customers, resolve operational problems, and sustain support when mainframe computer sources are not available.
4. Knowledge of computer technology/methodology. Serves as the primary computer expert and point of contact for interfaced systems. Uses such knowledge to program problems and develop alternative processing methods to maintain essential support while programs are being corrected.
5. Knowledge of computer security risks and protective measures to protect the integrity of automated databases.
6. Knowledge of analytical methods and problem solving techniques.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.