Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Ft Drum, home of the
10th Mountain Division, is located in Northern New York's picturesque North
one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful
areas of the United States
, offering bountiful outdoor recreational
opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Ft Drum
borders Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, Canada, the Adirondack Mountains,
and Vermont. For more information regarding Ft Drum, please visit: http://www.drum.army.mil/sites/local/
Who May Apply:
As a Interdisciplinary Social Worker/Counseling Psychologist, you will:
- Develop individualized treatment plans for each assessed behavioral health patient.
- Refer any reportable conditions such as: child or spouse maltreatment, suicidal or homicidal ideation, psychological conditions with danger to self or others, felony offenses, etc, to the appropriate authority.
- Participate in the performance improvement process including: peer reviews, and/or quality assurance activities.
- Assess couples and/or families for stressors that contribute to marriage and/or family relationship problems.
- Document all behavioral health progress as patients learn to apply new skill in order to accomplish their goals.