Minimum Qualifications for a Social Worker Degree: Successful completion of at least a Master's Degree in Social Work in a school accredited by the Council on Social Worker Education.
Minimum Qualifications for a Counseling Psychologist:
- Degree: Successful completion of at least a 2 full academic years of graduate study directly related to professional work in counseling psychology, or satisfactory completion in an accredited educational institution of all the requirements for a Master's degree directly related to counseling psychology.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, to qualify for the GS-11 level applicants must also meet one (1) of the following:
Specialized Experience: One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-11) requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Candidates for this position must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess specialized experience which includes assisting with the development of individualized treatment plans, documenting all prevention assistance provided to patients, and participating in staff development programs.
OREducation Substitution for Specialized Experience: Successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, that is directly related to the work of the position.
ORCombination of Experience and Education Substitution for Specialized Experience: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 36 hours (total semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
- Licensure/Certification for Social Worker : A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as an independent clinical social worker from a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
- Licensure/Certification for Counseling Psychologist: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as a psychologist or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) from a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of Behavioral HealthAbility to Communicate OrallyAbility to Provide Staff Development
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Click here for more information.
If you are a male AND if you were born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- You may be required to serve one year in a trial/probationary status.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.