In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Specialized experience would be demonstrated by providing advice on, administering or performing work in the collection, processing, reporting, analysis, evaluation, interpretation, and maintaining Global Situational Awareness information and/or products on political, economic, social, cultural, physical, geographic, medical, scientific, or military conditions, trends, and forces in foreign areas which directly or indirectly affect the national security. These positions require a basic knowledge and understanding of one or more of the natural or social sciences.
EDUCATION: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for which both education and experience are acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of intelligence procedures, methodology, techniques and strategies including but not limited to: force protection; classified materials handling; aerospace intelligence preparation of the battlespace (AIPB) and predictive battlespace awareness (PBA) analysis; mobility/deployment preparations, requirements and materials such as combat mission folders; AFRC intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance (ISR) computer systems/software; command, control and communications protection; intelligence data collection, validation and production procedures; and project management techniques.
2. Knowledge of military structure, political affairs and history regarding assigned area when analyzing intelligence data.
3. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration and resolution of real or potential security threats to or problems for program operations.
4. Ability to plan detailed and complex studies, anticipate and solve problems and to collect, organize and interrelate large amounts of diversely formatted data drawn form a wide variety of sources.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent requires a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
2. This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
3. The employee may be required to travel in military/commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
4. This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. Incumbent's regular assignments are primarily ART duties; however, incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities.
5. Incumbent must meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Work schedule will be aligned to permit full participation in unit training assemblies.
6. Individual may be required to work uncommon tours on short notice
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.