Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (CYS)Job Announcement Number: WENAFEW13986847
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: Army Installation Management Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour
Thursday, October 31, 2013 to
Thursday, November 07, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Part Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Schofield Barracks, HI View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to US Citizen and Non US Citizen applicants on the Island of Oahu.
There when you need us! Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our Soldiers and their Families. By offering quality programs for children, youth and students, CYSS supports the Army Family Covenant by reducing the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
This position is located at Parent Services on Schofield Barracks.
You can apply for this position using the following options (you must have a resume or use the NAF Optional Application http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pureEdge/A3433.XFDL to apply):
1. Preferred - Apply electronically via USAJOBS - https://usajobs.gov. This will ensure faster processing of your application. You will also receive faster status updates.
Please upload all required documents. Uploaded documents will be processed through the system. You are encouraged to monitor your application status. *You can download the USAJOBS.gov app to your smart phone for easy access and convenience!
2. Fax your resume (and supporting documentation) to (478)757-3144. The following link will take you to the cover sheet which must be included with the faxed resume or application http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf.
NOTE: Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process before they are available in the system for HR to view.
To complete the job related questions obtain the Form 1203FX by going to the following link http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf. This form must be faxed as a part of your application package for you to be considered for a job.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. You may contact the servicing CPAC NAF DIVISION identified on the vacancy announcement for additional assistance.
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Social Security card is required.
- Immunization screening is required after selection
- A medical examination is required after selection
DUTIES:Back to top
Receives children, youth, parents, and other visitors in a courteous manner. Answers telephones, ascertains nature of call and directs caller to appropriate staff, takes a message or personally provides desired information. Provides customer service expected in a "First Choice" organization.
Utilizes an electronic cash register system and calculator to compute and record individual transactions for customers and to enter data into predefined categories for regulatory signed statistical reports and tracking of income data as it pertains to the CYS program as required. Inputs data into CYMS as required.
Provides administrative support including typing/word processing, mail preparation, copying, distribution, telephone calls, and travel orders for CYS personnel.
Using office automation equipment and word processing software, prepares a variety of correspondence, memorandums, briefings and Daily Activity and other reports required for day-to-day operation. Refers to agency regulations, flip charts, dictionaries, and other typical office reference materials to ensure proper format, grammatical accuracy, and correct spelling.
Maintains records, files, statistical data, and suspense system. Initiates Civilian Personnel actions and helps track background clearance checks. Assists in maintaining leave records, and time and attendance records. Prepares invoices, supply and equipment requests. Uses E-Mail to send and retrieve messages.
Understands and articulates policies relating to patron fees, waiting lists and program events. Coordinates vacancies and reservations for the hourly care program as required. Works cooperatively with Resource and Referral to track program vacancies and occupancy rates as required.
Ensures risk management procedures (i.e., abuse prevention, identification, and reporting procedures; accident prevention, etc.) are followed.
Monitors supplies and resources. Orders office supplies. Assists in facility key control.
Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Skill in operating a manual or electric typewriter and current automation system and software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Power Point, Excel) required. Must be able to type 40 wpm.
Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation and composition techniques needed to accurately type a variety of material from written sources or voice recordings.
Possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
HIGHLY PREFERRED: Knowledge of formats, forms, typing policies and common terminology of the program for which the work is to be performed.
NOTE: Employment will be denied or terminated if your background checks reveal any of the following: Conviction for a sexual offense, a drug felony or any drug related offense, a violent crime, or a criminal offense involving a child or children.
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, Chapter 2, paragraph 2-13; must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI). Successful completion of prescribed training (transition and/or annual) is required. Failure to achieve desired training with demonstrated competence may result in separation.
5. Social Security Card and a Picture I.D. must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
7. Satisfactory complete employment verification check.
8. Performs duties under general supervision in accordance with established
guidelines. Receives instructions regarding scope of work, and
application/interpretation of procedures and regulations. Supervisor is
available to provide guidance and assistance on unusual problems. Work is
evaluated on accomplishments, technical accuracy, timeliness, and compliance
with position requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
***Ability to perform a range of clerical duties