DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located in Defense Finance and Accounting Service, located in Columbus, Ohio.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
· Supports the Audit Readiness Strategic Initiative and the customers on their audit readiness assertions and audit execution as related to DoD priorities.
· Assists in ensuring DFAS processes, systems, and documentation are sufficient to validate accurate balances reported in financial statements.
· Assists in the support of the day to day mapping processes by identifying and implementing supporting documentation requirements and SOPs for each major accounting event identified.
· Provides technical advice and training to internal and external customers regarding day to day transactions to ensure audit compliance.
· Proposes new procedures and methods or modifies existing procedures and methods to resolve current audit readiness problems.