Job Title:Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Job Announcement Number:14DH-JP-298924-DEU-OCIO
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, October 30, 2013 to
Wednesday, November 13, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time, Permanent -
|FEW vacancies -
Washington DC, DC View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This is a "Direct Hire" solicitation and is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Agencies are not required to apply rating procedures or veterans preference. The Smithsonian will continue to make employment offers to qualified candidates with veterans preference whenever possible.|
This position is located in Office of the Chief Information Officer. The employee serves as the Institution's Computer Security Manager and, as such, plans and directs the activities necessary to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of the Institution's data, enterprise-level systems, and supporting information technology infrastructure.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position Specialized experience is defined as implementation and operation of an enterprise-wide information technology security program, providing computer security consulting to customer organizations, and establishing, maintaining and monitoring information system firewalls to ensure data is protected.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
This vacancies is being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's government wide Direct-Hire Authority for Information Technology Management positions (Information Security), GS-2210, GS-9 and above (GW002, issued June 20, 2003).
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be made available to the Selecting Official for consideration. Applicants who meet the basic qualifications will have their resumes further evaluated against the following criteria:
Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications do not apply to this vacancy.
To preview questions please click here.
- Ability to develop IT security policies and guidelines addressing IT security controls and planning for an enterprise-level organization, gained through work experience.
- Ability to coordinate security assessments and audits of major IT systems, gained through work experience.
- Ability to manage risk and vulnerability assessments for an enterprise-level organization’s IT security program, gained through work experience.
- Ability to manage an IT Security Operations Center for an enterprise-level organization, gained through work experience.
- Ability to supervise an Information Technology Security department for an enterprise-level organization, gained through work experience.