Qualifications must be met by the Closing Date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by Wednesday, November 13, 2013.
To be eligible for this position, you must possess the Basic Qualification Requirement AND the Additional Qualification Requirement
Basic Qualification Requirement:
Completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Note: You must include copies of your transcripts with your application package to support this response.
*Exception to the Basic Qualification Requirement Applicants who have been employed in a GS-1102 grade GS-14 since January 1, 2000 are not required to meet the education requirement noted above. Note: You must include a copy of your SF-50(s) with your application package to support this eligibility.
Additional Qualification Requirement:
Completed at least 4-years of experience in contracting or related positions. At least one full year of that experience must have been specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors) and provided the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the duties of this position. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as: managing and directing the formulation of long-range plans, policies, and procedures to accomplish acquisition objectives; developing and recommending acquisition planning and contracting policies, regulations, and procedures for the guidance and control of multiple contracting activities; developing and providing reports to upper management regarding performance monitors/measures relating to acquisition; and assigning and reviewing short-term work of team members, including checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work for accuracy.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Part-Time or Unpaid Experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Education: When there is a positive education requirement, or you are using education to qualify as a substitution for experience, transcripts (unofficial) are required at the time of application to verify that you meet the educational requirement or substitution.
Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may be credited. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- Background Investigation: You may need to successfully complete a background investigation before appointed into the position.
- Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
- Time in Grade (TIG): Current employees, Transfer and/or Reinstatement Eligibles must have a minimum of 52 weeks at the next lower grade GS-grade level to be eligible under Merit Promotion. An SF-50 must be provided which shows your current pay plan/series/grade to verify time-in-grade requirements are met. Failure to provide an appropriate SF-50 will result in an ineligible rating.
- Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
· Knowledge of policies, practices, regulations and laws concerning the federal acquisition management process and initiatives
· Skill in generating, analyzing, and evaluating automated management reports and drafting new procurement legislation or regulation as a basis to develop corrective action, provide training, and implement guidance
· Ability to communicate in writing instructions and procedures for use by others, prepare and respond to reports and audits and write training materials
· Ability to manage employees effectively
· Ability to communicate verbally to defend and explain decisions and policies, serve on special work groups or tasks forces, and conduct training
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.