Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Find your mile-high magic in Golden, Colorado a mountain-side city/suburb in the Denver Metro area. Four fantastic seasons of professional football, baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer teams. Outdoor activities abound world class winter snow-skiing, superb hiking and mountain biking trails, PGA grade golf courses. Class and culture keep a never-ending variety of entertainment nearby. Easy access to military bases, national and international airline services, nationally recognized universities all here nestled next to the Rocky Mountains right outside your workplace windows.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition, Logistics & Construction, Office of Acquisition & Logistics, National Acquisition Center, Denver Acquisition & Logistics Center.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must be a current VA employee working in the Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center (DALC) and have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Transfer eligibles: Current DALC employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must be provided that shows appointment in the competitive service.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Current DALC employees who are disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
· Current DALC employees who are individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
· Current DALC employees who are eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former Foreign Service officers and employees
· Current DALC employees who are who hold an excepted service position that meets the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
· Current DALC employees who hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced
· Current DALC employees who are elegible for a Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) appointment
· Current VA employees who are eligible under the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)
The Facility Operations Specialist performs work to support a variety of administrative services at DALC. Specifically, you will:
· Assure compliance with all certification, safety, fire prevention, and security program requirements.
· Coordinate with GSA and the Landlord activities providing services such as plumbing, utility, water, and sewage treatment, telephone, janitorial and elevator service.
· Inspect contractors work for compliance with specifications or standards.
· Determine and forecast funding requirements.
· Justify budget requests.
View Assessment Questions