GS-09: In order to be qualified for the GS-09 level in the Federal Government, applicants must have one of the following:
1) At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07, which included assisting in installs, configures, and troubleshoots; hardware and software maintenance; diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents; researching, evaluating, and providing feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements, OR
2) Have a masters degree or equivalent graduate degree OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field of study that is closely related to the duties of this position, OR
3)have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience (as described above), which is equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal Service. This experience and education together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
NOTE: All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Conditions of Employment:
- Selected applicants must undergo and successfully obtain and maintain a background investigation for a Top Secret clearance. Failure to maintain a clearance is grounds for removal.
- Selectee for this position must submit to urinalysis drug testing for illegal drug use prior to appointment and is subject to random drug testing and criminal investigation inquiries after selection.
- Travel may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You application will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your experience (paid and unpaid), education, awards, and training and self-development as it relates to the position.
Category Rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be placed into one of the following three categories:
Best Qualified: Highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills, and abilities of the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in the qualification section of this vacancy announcement.
Well Qualified: Competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities of the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in the qualification section of this vacancy announcement.
Qualified: Overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities of the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in the qualification section of this vacancy announcement.
If you are a current or former Federal employee, you must indicate the GS or pay band level for each position that you held. If your resume includes non-government service, including contractors, please include the salaries for each position held. All work experience should specify the length of time spent in the position and tour of duty (full or part time to include number of hours). One year of general or specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are pro-rated. Your responses to the questionnaire and/or competency statements will be evaluated to determine the degree to which your skills match this position.
Your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire will be validated against your resume to determine if you meet the qualification requirements for this position. NOTE: If a determination is made that qualifications and/or experience have been inflated, your score will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Candidates are required to possess certain Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the functions of this position. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their attainment of these KSAs in an online job questionnaire. The KSAs are:
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, customer support principles; installed systems bases; IT security principles; and new IT products and services, sufficient to install, configure and test software on customer work stations.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, desktop operating systems, and Office suites software.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing.
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, organizational policies, procedures, IT standards and technical requirements, sufficient to solve end user IT problems.
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, network standards and equipment; network architecture principles; and local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) components, such as routers, hubs, switches and servers.
- Skill in oral communication, sufficient to present technical information and concepts in a clear and understandable manner to end users, peers and management.