The Department of Interior, Office of Inspector General (OIG) is an independent office within the Department of Interior (DOI) whose mission is to promote excellence, integrity, and accountability throughout DOI. The OIG conducts investigations, evaluations, and audits in order to enhance effectiveness and efficiency and to prevent and detect waste, fraud, and mismanagement in DOI programs and operations.
This position is located in the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Assistant Inspector General for the Office of Management, Information Technology Division. Incumbent is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining customer hardware, software and operating systems, applying network systems management methods including systems performance monitoring and other duties in the delivery of customer support services.
This position may be filled either in Reston or Lakewood.
Additional selections may be made for this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
As an Information Technology Specialist with the Office of Inspector General, the incumbent of this position is expected to provide information technology support and customer services to a broad pool of Federal employees and contractors situated nationwide. Major duties include:
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining customer hardware, software and operating systems.
- Performing hardware and software maintenance and tuning to maintain optimum system performance.
- Conduct testing of various sites and document testing issues.
- Work closely with SharePoint developers and administrators to resolve the issues and document the resolutions
- Researching, evaluating, and providing feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements.