Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Find your mile-high magic in Golden, Colorado a mountain-side city/suburb in the Denver Metro area. Four fantastic seasons of professional football, baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer teams. Outdoor activities abound world class winter snow-skiing, superb hiking and mountain biking trails, PGA grade golf courses. Class and culture keep a never-ending variety of entertainment nearby. Easy access to military bases, national and international airline services, nationally recognized universities all here nestled next to the Rocky Mountains right outside your workplace windows.
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center in Golden, CO.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
- Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level
Major duties include:
· Negotiate contracts and determine negotiation strategy which will ensure award of contracts providing the lowest net price and products of acceptable quality.
· Complete contract administration duties to ensure that contract is fulfilled as appropriate.
· Perform industry analysis to identify technological changes, market changes, marketing strategies, and competition to determine most advantageous method of acquisition.
· Conduct post-award conference to ensure compliance with, and full understanding of contractual requirements.
View Assessment Questions