The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) works in partnership with the entire health care community to improve quality and efficiency in an evolving health care system and provides leadership in the broader health care marketplace.
CMS effectiveness depends on the capabilities of a dedicated, professional staff that is committed to supporting these objectives. A career with CMS offers the opportunity to get involved on important national health care issues and be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly visible organization. For more information on CMS, please visit: http://www.cms.gov/.
This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Center for Program Integrity (CPI), Data Analytics and Control Group (DACG), Systems Management Division (SMD) in Woodlawn, MD.
WHO MAY APPLY: This is a competitive vacancy, open to all United States Citizens or Nationals, advertised under Delegated Examining Authority. Selections made under this vacancy announcement will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees would therefore be given new appointments to the civil service; however, benefits, time served and all other Federal entitlements would remain the same. Click here for more information and definitions regarding applicants who may apply to this vacancy announcement.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement for similar positions within CMS in the same geographical location.
In this position you will serve as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Systems Analysis) performing work related to implementing, monitoring, and managing IT contracts and systems. Specifically, you will:
- Develop Program Integrity related plans, positions, and recommendations in assignment areas.
- Analyze complex programmatic, planning, and management issues in an effort to formulate Agency positions on issues.
- Serve as a Contracting Officer's Representative to monitor and manage contracts related to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT Systems.
- Oversee the work of IT development and supporting contractors on a day-to-day basis, providing all technical direction to the contractor.
- Prepare analyses of the impact of proposed legislation on Information Systems.