All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Friday, November 15, 2013. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as well as selective factors as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below.
WG: Applicants must be physically fit and must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the elements listed in Section 25 of the Online Occupational Questionnaire to perform the duties of the position at the level for which they are applying. A specific length of time and experience is not required; however you must be able to demonstrate the rough experience shown in your written application, that you possess sufficient knowledge, skill and ability to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision. Examples of experience for this position include: Specialized experience that demonstrates the ability to perform...List examples of duties. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. You must meet level 2 on the screen out factor/element and an average of level 2 on all factors/elements in the occupational assessment questionnaire.
1. If new to Federal Civil Service, you will be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
2. National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform.
3. You may be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued drivers license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued drivers license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year, or more frequently if management determines such need exists. Lastly, you may be required to submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid drivers licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. Please indicate in your application whether you possess a valid State drivers license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package, including the online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Your ratings are subject to change if discrepancies exist between your responses and your supporting documents.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
* Experience in riding livestock (mules), ability to pack gear, tools, ability to saddle, fit and adjust riding saddles. Experience in the use of hitches associated with livestock (mules), packing, box-hitch & Diamond Hitch.
* Experience in the repair of leather goods, saddles and tack. Knowledge and experience in providing feed scheduling and maintaining general good health to livestock (mules).
* Experience in general grounds keeping duties
* Experience in working with others.
All answers provided in the online process must be substantiated in your application package, If your work history, competencies, and/or your supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you will not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough detail to support your answers to the competencies.
If you meet the qualification requirements based on your online application and are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for further review. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories:
Category Group I (Best Qualified) - applicants who possess experience and/or education that well exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective factors and all quality ranking factors. Applicants considered best qualified must be highly proficient in all requirements of the job and be able to perform effectively in the position.
Category Group II (Well Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
Category Group III (Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
Order of Consideration: Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications required by the position will be considered in the following order: (1) best qualified applicants entitled to 10-point veterans' preference who have a compensable service-connected disability of 10 percent or more (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or above or if they fail to meet positive education requirements, training, selective placement factor, etc.), best qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference, and then all other best qualified applicants, (2) well qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference and then all other well qualified applicants, (3) qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference and then all other qualified applicants.